This week I developed this Google Doc spreadsheet to speed up my keyword research.
You enter the following data:
- The Page Authority and Domain Authority for a page you want to rank (from OpenSiteExplorer)
- The total monthly searches (phrase-matched, from Google AdWords Keyword Tool)
- And the stats on the top 10 competitors (which you can get from OpenSiteExplorer, but 50 at a time from SEOMoz Pro)
The spreadsheet then shows you which target SERP positions are the most attractive, i.e. will give you the most traffic for the least work.[pro-player width=’800′ height=’500′ type=’video’]http://wdfs-videos.s3.amazonaws.com/bens-keyword-research-comparison-tool.mp4[/pro-player]
Try it Yourself
All open in new windows.
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool
- SEOMoz Pro (my affiliate linkÂ / Â regular link)
- My latest MasterÂ Google SpreadsheetÂ (updated November 9th 2011)Â – You must be logged in to Google in order to make a copy of this (Do “File > Make a Copy”)
Update (30 September):Â I’m continuing to adapt this tool. I’ve used it today to do a complete keyword strategy for one client, a Real Estate Appraiser, with a couple of slight tweaks. I’ll update this post.